The importance of Hanukka gelt
Since the time of the Talmud, the idea of giving money to children has been associated with Hanukka. Traditionally known as Hanukka gelt, in more recent times this tradition has been replaced in some Western countries with presents…
Pesach and Other Financial Surprises
Pesach is no surprise – a surprise is something that comes about unexpectedly. Pesach on the other hand comes about at the same time each year. As soon as we have eaten our fill of hamentashen, Pesach is in the air…
‘I’m just popping to the supermarket to buy some milk and bread,” I tell my husband, and some time later I emerge laden with two bags full of groceries. Sound familiar? Well, you may be pleased to know that you are not alone, and it’s not really your fault…
Check out these additional resources
- Smarter Israeli Banking: the ultimate insiders guide to banking in Israel.
- Join the conversation on Facebook with the 20,000 other english speaking olim who strive towards Living Financially Smarter in Israel.
- 10 Living Financially Smarter Principles
- Looking for financial guidance- check out what kind of adviser you need *INFOGRAPHIC
- Financial files – how long should I keep it? *INFOGRAPHIC