A Living Financially Smarter in Israel Event
by Rifka Lebowitz, Financial Consultant
and moderator of the Living Financially Smarter in Israel Facebook group
Frustrated or confused by Israeli banks? Need an in-depth explanation of banking in Israel from a native English speaker? Rifka Lebowitz is offering a 45-minute webinar, packed with vital information for olim (or anyone who doesn’t understand Israeli banking and/or wants to save money on banking fees)
Intro to Banking in Israel – Sunday June 19th, at 8:30 -9:30 PM (Israel time)
• A brief overview of Israeli banks and banking
• What your bank wants you to know about being a good bank customer
• Top insider tips for a better banking experience
• What you MUST know about protecting yourself when writing checks in Israel that banks don’t tell you
• How to spend less on banking fees
Participate from anywhere in the world. We’ll email you the webinar link 24 hours before the event. You can also participate by phone. The fee the webinar is 40 NIS.
Q: Will you be discussing investing in Israel?
A: We are currently planning a future event on savings plans, investments and getting starting with mutual funds in Israel. Date to be announced.
Q: I’m a regular client. Can I get a discount?
A: Monthly clients and those who had a financial consultation with Rifka since April 2014 attend for free. Please fill out the form on the contact page to get an invite email.
Q: I have a banking question I want to make sure you address.
A: Email your questions in advance to: email@example.com
Attendee reviews for the October 21st Webinar
Amanda Bradley on Facebook – Thanks to Rifka Lebowitz, I just discovered that Israeli banks are even bigger leeches than I thought they were. AND that there’s a new easy Bank of Israel way to save throwing away at least some money in bank fees, but that the bank would never have told me. So now i’m going to work out how to deny them more of our hard-earned money. I do recommend that all recent olim attend Rifka’s living financially smarter webinars or in-person seminars. You’ll make back the cost of the seminar in rescued bank fees and not paying the being-a-sucker tax.
– Thank you – most of all for the courage and reassurance to call the banker and sound like an idiot in order to actually understand. everything he said, I repeated to make sure I understood it correctly, and then I asked for clarification, and then repeated the clarification – it took a long time, but I came away with greater clarity and sense of control.