Who we are:
We are passionate about and committed to our mission: helping English speakers understand their finances, feel comfortable with their money, and succeed financially – in Israel.
We’re looking for someone to join our team in a pivotal support role which will allow us to grow, and ultimately offer financially smarter service to more individuals and families in Israel. We help people find the sweet spot where their values, lifestyle and income all match up. If this rings your bell (and only if it really speaks to you) please keep reading.
We are growing, so this is a brand new position. Therefore, it can grow with us and stretch into several potential directions depending upon the person we hire, and where that person is looking to grow. We’re starting with 8-10 hours/week and could work either with a freelancer or in-house on a tlush. Longer term, this could grow into something more significant, time-wise – up to 20 hours/week.
Who we hope you are:
First and foremost, you must be excited about our mission. Yes, all the requirements listed below will position you to be successful in this role, but the critical piece here is rallying around whether you perk up when talking about financial success in Israel. We are looking for the person who wants THIS job, rather than A job.
You have some financial background and are a “numbers person”. You have experience in or exposure to bookkeeping, budgeting or basic financial analysis. Perhaps you volunteered at Paamonim, took a finance course or are a new personal financial advisor. Perhaps you’re pivoting or transitioning into finance. Maybe you’re returning to the workforce after a break, or dipping your toe into this world. You are comfortable with Excel, formulas, and reading financial reports. You are organized, independent, and a self-starter.
You are either bilingual in English/Hebrew or speak English at mother tongue level and manage well enough in Hebrew to write Hebrew language emails to Israelis and manage well with Hebrew software, spreadsheets and vendors.
The job is:
- Reading financial documents and detailed reports from insurance, pension and investment portfolios, pulling information and creating customized status reports for clients
- Gathering financial information including new government policies and programs as well as developing mortgage rates, compiling information for clients as appropriate
- Performing high level data entry (requiring a basic financial understanding) from and to financial reports
- Creating monthly reports as they relate to progress on financial goals
- Handling (minimally) billing and receipts in icount
- Organizing files for tax purposes
- Updating and organizing spreadsheets with formulas, charts and graphs
- Working within (Hebrew) financial planning software and CRM (we will train you on the software)
You will be able to work from anywhere, at any time (want to create graphs at 3am? Be our guest!) and will need to meet with us once monthly in Bet Shemesh, in person.
There are deadlines and we expect that you are someone with a sense of urgency and respect for due dates. You will manage both your time and your tasks independently, and manage your time effectively. That said, we will never ask you to work on a weekend or deal with last minute assignments, and we are family-friendly and respectful of your lifestyle. We will build trust and mutual respect, and together, we will make immigrants financially smarter in Israel!
To express interest:
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – we will reach out if we feel we’re a potential match.
Posted August 28th, 2022